Under this Expanding Coverage program, we offer FREE navigator services including,
- Help sign up for a marketplace account
- Compare coverage options to find a qualified health plan that fits you/your family’s/ your small business’s needs and budget
- Simplify the application process
- Answer any questions regarding qualified health plans and the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Determine possible eligibility for premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
- Assist small business employers in selecting the right healthcare coverage for their company
- Ensure you and your family understands health insurance terminology.
What is a Navigator and why are they important?
A navigator is an individual who is trained to assist families and small businesses navigate the Health Insurance Marketplace to find a qualified health plan that best fits their needs and budget.
Our navigators can assist with signing up for a Marketplace account, comparing potential coverage options, and applying for a qualified health plan. Also, they can help you understand the health insurance terms and conditions, and can help you determine possible eligibility for premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions.
Why is Health Insurance Important?
No one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits.
- Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs.
- You pay less for covered in-network health care, even before you meet your deductible.
- You get free preventative care, like vaccines, screenings, and check-ups even before you meet your deductibles.
- If you have a Marketplace plan or other qualifying coverage, you don’t have to pay the fee that many people who don’t have coverage must pay.
Under the new affordable Care Act:
- You can no longer be denied health care coverage based on pre-existing conditions.
- Children can be covered on parents’ plans until the age of 26
- Health care plans provide many preventative services and health screenings free of charge
- You may pick a plan that allows you to keep your preferred doctor or hospital
If you and your family chooses not to have health care coverage you may face a penalty charge at the end of the tax year
For more information contact Community Outreach Specialist Joey Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What's COBRA? Is it the same as Marketplace Insurance?
What are some of the terms I should know when looking at insurance?
What is an Explanation of Benefits (EOB)?
What is the "Family Glitch"?
Can you tell me just the basics of Health Insurance?
How does Health Insurance work?
How and when do I pay for my Health Insurance? What are Premiums?
What do I need to know about Medicaid in Missouri?
What is the Medicaid Gap?
What Preventative Care is available for adults? For women?
What Preventative Care is available for children?
What's the difference between Preventative and Diagnostic Care?