First Love Yourself (FLY) Women’s Support Groups are dedicated exclusively for Healthy Start Consumers, Parents and Consortium members ages 18 and over. The group meetings support and are not limited to the following key topics: Self Esteem, Health and Wellness, Attitude, Preparedness and Empowerment.
- Must be 18 years old and older
- Sign a confidentiality agreement/orientation
- Must not have been enrolled in a previous class within a year
The FLY Support group is a 12-16 session group meeting which is held on a monthly basis and is a core component of the Missouri Bootheel Healthy Start program. The group facilitator incorporates both didactic materials and experiential group learning, with a mental health emphasis in a support group setting utilizing 4 core modules: GOAL SETTING, COMMUNITCATION SKILLS, PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION. MAKING AND COPING SKILLS.
Classes are facilitated by an experienced LCSW, PhD and supported by a Nationally Certified and State Licensed Professional Counselor.
HOW YOU CAN GET THE MOST OUR OF THIS GROUP
Do the homework when it is assigned
- Participate in group discussions
- Ask for help or accommodation if you need it
- Learn from each other
- Ask questions
- Take care of yourself and take advantage of the peer support
Keep in mind that FLY Support Group creates and maintains a safe learning environment that encourage people to stretch and grow!!
FLY “FIRST LOVE YOURSELF” SUPPORT GROUP
During group sessions participants will learn:
Goal Setting: Why is it important?
- Goals & Aspirations
- Readiness to Change
- Dimensions of Wellness (Mental Health, Physical Health, Daily Life Skills, Housing, Finances, Social Networks/Supports, Transportation, Employment/Education, Spirituality, Leisure) Communication Skills: Power of Language.
- Identifying Your Communication Styles (Aggressive, Passive, Assertive)
- Importance of Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Effective Communication Strategies
Decision Making/problem Solving: Importance of Different Perspectives.
- How to make a good choice
- Tips for managing conflicts with others
Coping Skills: How do I handle stress?
- Stress Busters (Relation Training/Techniques)
- Anger Management and Assertiveness Training
- Self-Esteem/Self Awareness
ADDITIONAL SERVICES PROVIDED:
- Transportation will be provided for clients who live outside of the designated meeting area.
- Childcare reimbursement provided for up to 2 children under the age of 10.
- Participants will receive journals, tote bag and other materials for class participation.
*Participants must being materials for every session
To learn more about FLY or information on the next class, please contact our office at: (573) 471-9400